ProVisors® operates more than 150 groups consisting of 25 - 40 members each in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, California and Boston, Massachusetts. Most groups hold a monthly meeting from 7:00am to 9:00am. The meetings enable members to develop deep relationships with one another, address specific client needs and share information, strategies, business opportunities, resources, and contacts.
ProVisors has two types of membership groups that serve as a member’s “home group”, each consisting of 25-40 members:
- Regular: A well-balanced roster of members by profession facilitates effective knowledge-sharing and multi-disciplinary solutions not readily available elsewhere.
- Specialty: Members of Specialty groups share a common target market or business process. Specialty group meetings are highly-focused and attending members and guests have deep knowledge of the subject matter. Specialty groups include Entertainment, Global, Healthcare, and Mergers $ Acquisitions.
Many members belong to more than one group, either to expand their communities in differing market areas or to benefit from a Regular group as well as a Specialty group.
Affinity Groups were created by members to bring together like-minded members working in similar markets or with similar interests another opportunity to get to know, like and trust each other and share information, experiences, technical knowledge, and resources in order to better represent clients or otherwise advance professional careers on a monthly basis. As a benefit of membership, members may attend Affinity Group meetings, subject to the focus of the group, and RSVPing to attend. Members do not have to "join" an affinity group to attend.
Groups meet monthly in a Host’s conference room, usually from 7:00am to 9:00am. Each meeting is facilitated by a volunteer Group Leader (GL) who is responsible for the group’s overall success. The GL and a volunteer Executive Committee, with the help of ProVisors’ staff, drive best practices in meeting agenda and member participation. Most meetings include the following elements:
- Informal Networking
- Facilitated meeting: Guest Introductions, Topical Discussion, Guest Speaker and/or Member Presentation
- “Needs, Deals, Wants”
- TROIKA™ meeting assigned: Attendees are organized into groups of 3 or 4. Each group is expected to have an informal meeting (usually breakfast or lunch) to get to know one another better and, ultimately, develop relationships of trust.
- Attendee list: Each attendee receives a copy of the business cards of all meeting attendees.
Members are encouraged to attend group meetings beyond their “home group” up to 3 times per group each year, subject to group leader approval. To attend a meeting as a guest, members must RSVP in advance on ProVisors’ website.
Throughout the year, ProVisors offers educational workshops, social, cultural and networking events in various locations for members and their guests.